Friday 27 February 2015

A Study of Siskins at Amwell

9th February 2015

A quick visit to Amwell to try out the new camera on focusing on small finches high in the trees amid a tangle of branches. As I walked down from the viewpoint to the James Hide I could hear a small party of Siskins by the railway, ideal conditions for my test.

I crossed the river and there were Siskins everywhere, so I walked south to the far end so that I would have the sun behind me although the canopy was fairly well shaded. I eventually got into position and found just three birds high in the Alder above me. With my old camera I would never have attempted a shot as the birds, although reasonably unobscured, were surrounded by a tangle of twigs. Time to test the pin-point focusing of the Mk 2 with a 1.4x converter fitted.

Well, I was reasonably pleased but you can judge for yourself.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.