Saturday 18 October 2014

Snipe and Ratty at Rye Meads

5th October 2014

As I arrived at Rye Meads I was told that a Grey Wagtail was showing well right in front of the Gadwall Hide so that was the first point of call. I got there just in time to see it fly off round the willows, never to be seen again and so had to content myself with the Snipe that were sleeping on the nearest island. Although only three were immediately evident, once they woke up and started to feed it was apparent that eight birds were present. Always nice to see them in the open and even better when they are close.














On the way back I looked in on the Draper Hide which was incredibly quiet, so decided to spend my remaining time on the Bridge over the River Vole. I didn't have to wait long to see some movement in the reeds which rather gave away a Water Vole munching on some reeds. It remained deep in the reeds for some time but eventually decided that it was time to move on to pastures new and swam midstream and under the bridge.. So not many species today, BUT THE QUALITY!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.